Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pre-K Grads

Well, I've finished my first year of teaching! I have really enjoyed being able to be a Pre-K teacher this year. I had a great class with sweet and adorable students. It's a little (OK, more than a little...) sad to think that I may not see some of these kids again! I really enjoy working for a private school, but when all the kids will go to public school next year, I won't see them. It would be nice to kind of keep tabs on them through elementary school, like public school teachers can, but oh well.

We had a little graduation ceremony. The kids and parents LOVED it! The kids performed some songs that they had learned throughout the year, so that was fun.

Here are some pictures of the kiddos.



Well, summer is here! Yeay. No more lesson plans for about 3 months. Thankfully, since I'm at a private facility, I'll still be able to work (although I think that I'm going to work less). I think that I would get pretty bored this summer if I wasn't working at all.
Speaking of "summer" the East Carolina is going through a MAJOR heat wave. When I wake up at 6am, it's already 75 degrees. The highs have been in the mid-90's with heat indexes up to 105. (Thanks to high humidity) I'm just hoping that I don't start swelling earlier than I have too- it's too early to be this hot! What a summer to be pregnant during...

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your first year of teaching, that is exciting. My advice about the summer and being pregnant...swim, swim, swim...you will be amazed at how 'light' your belly feels and it helps cool you off too!!

    Thanks for visiting me and getting in on the giveaway. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those kids will miss you, too! Obviously, I can sympathize with your pregnancy predicament. Take the previous person's advice. SWIM!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally feeling your pain with the heat. We've already had over 110 degrees here in Vegas. Now we are average for now with the mid 90s and it is then back up to the 115 come another month. I swim a lot and it is great. So like the last two comments swimming is a great way to deal with the heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first year! What cute kids!

    ReplyDelete