We toke another trip to the beach today!! I am really loving being able to go so easily! This time we went to Emerald Isle - it was so nice!! We were able to park at a friend's place and used their access to the beach - it was not crowded at all - compared to Atlantic Beach. I was also surprised to see how many nice sea shells there where at this beach! I had fun looking for some neat ones. I toke a nice walk down to a pier and back. The weather was great - a nice breeze and not too hot. Morgan enjoyed being in the water - and skiddish Emily mostly stayed on the beach and read "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. (I highly recommend it so far) For some reason I love the beach, but I don't like the ocean too much - as long as I don't go any deeper than my waist I'm fine, but after that I get a little paranoid. Oh well!! We also saw some sort of water animal - not sure if it was a whale, dolphin or shark... but it looked pretty big and all the people in the water high tailed it to the sand! My guess was that it was some sort of whale - I didn't see a dorsal fin on it... Anyways, we had a wonderful time - we'll definitely go to that beach again. It was nice that it was under two hours away!! I think that we got away sunburn free - I hardly look like I was in the sun - I guess I'll take that over being a lobster.
Here are a few pics of our venture to the coast...

Nice calm waves...
Us chillin under the umbrella...
My love and I...
Another one of us...
The neat shells I collected!! I have NEVER seen the swirly kind at the beach before! Plus - that big shell in the upper right... it's about the size of my hand - it's huge.
ohh how fun to go to the beach! I loved doing that in Florida...haha I guess I can also do that here in Singapore right...however, it is tooooo hot here and it sometimes ruins the experience!
ReplyDeleteI liked The Host much more than I thought I would. It was the first book I've read in years that has actually made me cry. Real tears.
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! I'm jealous of your proximity to the beach!
ReplyDelete