Thursday, June 12, 2008

Girls Camp

Tonight most of the Young Women Leaders got to go down to girls camp and visit our girls! It was nice to see the girls - We were happy that they were having fun! But I have to say.... these girls have it easy!! When I went to girls camp we were in tents... under trees with ticks.... no A/C... These girls are in air conditioned cabins.... air conditioned mess hall.... big swimming pool with diving boards and slides!! Oh well!

Here's a picture of all of my Young Women plus a few leaders and a child. Oh yeah, and my fat preggo self.... I'm curious why the "glow" that I feel I have does not portray itself in photos... oh well!!



7 comments:

  1. I received the calling as Camp Director for YW...and thank goodness we were asked to move to Singapore before I had to do any planning for camp! I remember camp being hot and humid and tents flooding every year! Your girls had it easy! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was camp this year? When I was in YW, they had it at some camp hours away and I was never able to go visit (especially last year when Chloe was just weeks old). How fun you were all able to make it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls camp was much rougher in GA than in CA when I did stay in a cabin... no AC though. Do you remember that year that it started to rain the last day when we were supposed to take down the tents...no men to help just us and the down pour. Not fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Wait until you see pic's of you right after you have the baby...........you *think* you great, then you develop them. Ugg, oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to remember one Girls' Camp where your dad had us in a 3 room tent with a fan & a light hooked up to a generator...that wasn't SO rough! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your camp sounds really fun! I grew up doing the "rough" camping too and can't say I'm a huge fan. ;)

    You look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmm... I remember those tents. And the ticks.

    What kind of fancy Girls Camp is this??? ;)

    Did you sing the same songs?

    ReplyDelete