Saturday, April 9, 2011

#2 - New

Today's assignment was to take something new. I immediately knew what I wanted to capture. Spring time is in full force here in Athens - and I've been LOVING all the dogwood trees and azalea bushes. Talk about color! My most favorite sign of spring is the Pink Dogwood Tree. I just LOVE the color it produces.

Here's my shot for the class....
 f/6.3, ISO 200, 55mm, 1/320 sec.
... I just love how this blossom isn't in full bloom yet. I love the lighting, and I love the bokeh effect that was captured in the trees and branches in the background.


  
f/6.3, ISO 200, 51mm, 1/200 sec.
This is another shot of the same tree (just in case you've never seen a dogwood) I really like how the flower that is closest to the lens wasn't the one I was focusing on. Just a new perspective.

Thanks for looking! I'm really enjoying my new hobby! Next assignment should be up in the next couple days... 

p.s. Make sure to head over to my sister's blog. She's taking the class with me. She has some GREAT shots!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm kind of wishing I lived in Athens right about now-it's snowing at my house :( Great perspectives on both-so much more interesting that standing back and taking a photo of the whole tree straight on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new camera. Staying out of auto is the best thing you can do to get the photos you want. I'm excited to follow your class.

    ReplyDelete