Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School...

Watch out UGA - Here comes Morgan!


It's here. Morgan's starting his PhD. Up to this point, Morgan has been busy with orientations and meetings. He said he already felt a little overwhelmed - even before school started! We know that he'll do well - he's very studious. (A trait that I adore in him...)


Andrew was really excited for Morgan to start school - look at that smile! He's just so proud of his daddy.


Since Morgan won't be home at dinner time most days (sad!), We've decided that we are going to try really hard to have breakfast together as a family. It's been fun so far. Isn't this egg sandwich too cute?


After breakfast we proceed to the window so Andrew and I can see daddy off. I think that this will be a fun tradition to have!

So, now I've entered back into real life. Being home with Andrew and not seeing Morgan/dad until late a night. (thankfully there are a lot of other girls in the ward with similar situations!) Even though we'll miss him, we know that this is a sacrifice that we must make. We're really proud of Morgan/daddy and all that he is doing to earn this next step in his education.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to Morgan!!! I love the idea of breakfast together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it Morgo!! Kudos to you for carving out family time in your busy new life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Andrew & Morgan! Andrew has THE cutest smile there. It's so fun to have a little morning routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So poignant picture with Andrew watching at the window for his Dad. Emily you are such a supportive wife- I think this semester is going to be a tough one for Morgan- so glad you are by his side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little boy is too cute!!! I'm sure Morgan is super excited for school to start, it's be beginning of the end, I suppose :)

    Rachel and I want to see you tomorrow. Do you have anything going on?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are such a cute family. I'm glad you're up to see him off each day. It always makes the day go better. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete