Thursday, September 8, 2011

Murphy pays back.

So, around these parts Murphy has a bad rap. You know, Murphy's Law? Yeah, poor old Murphy is usually the one we blame random bad things on. That was until yesterday. Murphy paid us back.... big time.

Here's the story. At the beginning of August we were just flying back from a wonderful trip to Maine. We were taking the Marta train up to the station closest to my parents house. When we exited the train station - we realize that Morgan does not have his iPhone. (note, Morgan used his saved up birthday money to buy a used one off of Craigslist in May so he could use it without a data plan). He immediately ran back onto the train. It was gone. We had even checked our seats before we had left the train. So, we figured that Morgan got pick-pocketed.

So, fast forward 5 weeks. I was sitting at home yesterday morning and our home phone rings. Hardly anyone has that number. The caller ID said "Marta". I had a small glimmer of hope that something good was about to happen. I pick up and a sweet lady had told me that she had a phone and called the number assigned to 'home'.

She told me that the phone was found that morning on by a mechanic at the Marta garage... and to be grateful that he didn't immediately take it to  lost and found.... because we would have never gotten it back. She was really sweet and told me were I could meet her to pick up the phone. I was SO overjoyed!

So, I drive to Decatur to pick it up and tell her that we had lost it on the train in the beginning of August. She told me that it was found on a BUS. And she told us that we must be good people to have these circumstances.

So... who ever pick-pocketed Morgan's phone lost it him/herself! It was found on a bus that goes through the west side of Atlanta. And through the honestly of the sweet Marta workers, we got it back!!

The phone is a little scratched up, and the case is missing - but we could care less! Morgan is so happy to get it back. His face when he opened up the box was priceless. We still can't believe it!

So... Thanks Murphy! We'll try to be a little nicer to you around here.

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible journey! Can't believe there are still good people like this in the world today. I would say that Morgan has "good karma' or a guardian angel looking out for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so crazy!!! I am glad you got it back:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome! I'm so glad that it worked out that Morgan could get it back.

    ReplyDelete