I always seem to have a dilemma when it comes to what I put on my front door. My mother is a queen of wreaths. She can take a grapevine wreath, some silk flowers, and some ribbon and turn it into a masterpiece. I, on the other hand, seem to always be fickle. I never know what I want and I refuse to buy a pre-made, over priced wreath... even at 50% off.
BUT today, I think I finally made something I love.... for under $10 and will be changed into a Christmas, then and "after Christmas" wreath.....
Tah-Dah! I love it. AND I made the bow! I have watched my mother MANY times make bows, but this was my first attempt, and I am proud. I took a grapevine wreath, stuck some berry sprays into it (with out glue, so I could easily take them out when fall is over), made a bow and added some ribbon to give the appearance of it being hung by it.
The fun this was, EVERY thing on was on sale and super cheap. When you live on a student budget, that's a nice thing. I was even able to get berries that will look nice for Christmas, and post-Christmas. Hooray!
P.S. If you wanted to replicate the wreath, this week would be the week to get over to Michael's. The berry sprays were .59/each, the wreath was 2.50, and the ribbon was 2.00. Sweet!

I was in your ward at Sparks ... hopped on over here from Lorie's blog. I made a wreath last week too and I LOVE it! And thanks to Michael's sales and email coupons, I paid about $15 for it (50% less than a pre-made one). Here's a link to it ... http://kickinitinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/something-little-different.html
ReplyDeleteReally cute!
ReplyDeleteI have a wreath that I've been trying to figure out what to do with it...between you and Natalie I am inspired to get going on it! This looks so good :)
ReplyDelete