Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Twees"

Andrew's vocabulary is starting to pick up. A couple months ago Morgan taught him was a tree was. Since then Andrew likes to go up to trees, points/hugs them and exclaims "Twees!"

Well, at dinner tonight we hit another milestone that every child hits.... thinking that broccoli florets are little trees. He picked up a floret, and exclaimed "twees!" Had a chuckle, then proceeded to eat it.

Man, I'm so glad that he's starting to talk more so I can get a view into what he thinks about!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I was a funny kid because I called broccoli "groceries". I love that he is talking more too! He has such a great personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ate trees the other night too - and both my girls call it that. Then the next night we had French Dip and a baby spinach salad - Andie said, "Mom, I love this sandwich and leaves!" I said, "It's Spinach" and she said, "We're PRETENDING it's leaves!" It was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant insight! It's so fun to get to hear how his little brain is processing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that Ben isn't the only little tree huger. How cute:) We call broccoli little trees in our home too!

    ReplyDelete