Sunday, January 23, 2011

New lamp :-)

I've been doing a lot more work at my desk in the evenings... and quickly realized that I needed/wanted a lamp. Since we're poor students (and loving it... most of the time) I thought that I'd buy a thrifted lamp and spruce it up. I was lucky to find a smaller lamp for just a buck, talk about a deal. I brought it home and spray painted it with some paint I already had and then used my Silhouette to cut those cute owls to go around the lamp... I'm majorly in love with owls (I can thank my Great-Grandma for that) so, I'm totally in love with it. I've been oodling over this, this, and this lamp and this lamp for a while... but remember, we're still poor students, ha. By the way.... I'm so happy with how "mainstream" owls are now. I've liked them for a long time and am so happy that they are "in" now! Anyways, here's some pics of the transformation.... (take note of the owl eyes... they are looking all around!)







Funny note.... while the paint was drying I seriously considered making my own lampshade... um - don't try it. I googled directions and gathered some wire hangers to make it happen... yeah - total fail. Sorry, no pics of that!

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. what a great idea! my nursery theme has owls in it and i wanted to find another lamp for our boy that doesnt look too girly! i think i will have to steal this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i just looked at the owl lamps you linked to. i think yours is wayyy better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Did I ever tell you that I love owls too? And have I told you that I asked Evan to paint a picture of an owl for our baby girls room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you LOVE spray paint?! Every time I see an owl I think of you by the way!

    ReplyDelete