Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Busy Boy Andrew!!


Well - I knew I'd eventually pay for the fact that I had such an EASY baby. That day has come! Here are a few things that Andrew's done to keep me, Morgan, and my parents on their toes. (note: all of these have happened in the last 20 days)

- Called 911 (we have no clue how) They sent out rescue squads, emergency crews, a firetruck, police... the whole nine yards. (they sent out so many because all they heard on the phone was moaning....aka part of Andrew's "language")

- Drank/spilled more than half of a bottle of baby shampoo onto our carpet. Which led me to call poison control for the first time. (did I mention the day before he was trying to suck on my Oil of Olay face lotion?) (Kudos for Emily for remembering the number after learning it 10+ years ago in babysitting training!)

- Broke Morgan's LCD monitor on his laptop. (Thankfully we found the replacement part for 200 dollars less than what we were first quoted)

- Learned to climb on EVERYTHING. Including side tables, kitchen tables, kitchen chairs.... you name it - he can climb it.

- Gets into EVERYTHING. Anything with buttons or looks interesting - he's into it. Thank goodness for baby proofing.


Not to mention - he's only going on 18 months old. What am I going to do when he turns 2?

I'm thinking about getting him a straight jacket.


(Even though he gets into everything... he's a sweetie. He has a great disposition and doesn't really "act" out. We hardly ever have to take him out of church and have never really had any melt downs... in public or private. He's just extremely inquisitive..... and busy!)

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I wonder how he called 911. Hilarious. I mean not for you, but at least it makes for a good story that you can tell him later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the stories I've heard...it sounds like he is taking after his Dad and his toddler antics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to break it to you, but the terrible two's usually start at 18 months and sometimes end just after they turn two!! He's too cute thought - good luck with this new adventurous stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call it Justice, call it karma, call it the law of retribution....whatever is happening in your household just brings a sweet and empathetic smile to Mimi's and Papa's faces.Sorry parenting has to be so rugged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing, you brought a big smile to my face :) That is a great deal on the wipes, I need to start paying better attention to those things.

    ReplyDelete