Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Naptime Crafting

I've been enjoying Andrew's naps lately. We are FINALLY over the transition to one nap! (it was only oh, 3 months long!) I'm loving these long naps after lunch!! So, since I find myself with a chunk of child free time in the middle of the day I've been crafting and sewing and such a lot more. I'm loving it!

I have a few projects in the works, but here's a quick one (maybe 10 minutes) I did today. There aren't too many cutesy things you can make for little boys. I wanted him to have a cute Easter shirt for this weekend, and this is what I came up with. It looks boy-ish enough that he'll be able wear it this year and next year. (I hope)

Ingredients: Left over brown fabric, heat n' bond,
shirt from Walmart, and an Easter Cookie cutter
:-)


I have also bought a few patterns lately (there have been GREAT sales for them!). A skirt, dress, coat and hat for Andrew and some other fun things. Here's one that I'm about to start on. I've wanted a bag like this for about 3 years (seriously). I saw the pattern and knew I had to have it, and for $1.49, it was mine. I bought some cute fabric for it... with those lovely 40% off coupons - can't wait!I'll be making the one on the bottom right. Yay!

Love it!

3 comments:

  1. That shirt is TOO cute!! Props to you for taking advantage of the time you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished bag. Looks like a cute pattern...and can't wait to see you and Andrew soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice to have some time to work on things, and you've done some super cute and fun things. I can't wait to see how the bag turns out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete