Sunday, September 6, 2009

What d'ya have?

In Athens, there are SO many homegrown restaurants - simply too many to try. Since Saturday was in all intensive purposes the beginning of College Football (yeah!) I thought it would be fun to go and have lunch at The Varsity.

The Varsity is this old place that is famous in Atlanta (and I guess Athens too.) When you place your order they first ask you "What d'ya have... What d'ya have..." You tell them your order then the cashier yells it back to the kitchen in some language you've never heard before. Something about naked dogs... onions... straws.... nevertheless, we received our order perfectly. It was a fun outing. We found out that Andrew LOVES Vanilla Milkshakes (come one, who wouldn't?) We'd give him a bit, he'd swallow it, get a BIG smile and giggle! So cute. Anyways, here are a few photos documenting our first outing as a family to The Varsity.




P.S. On another note- I think we were the only ones out in Athens with non-UGA apparel on. We were happy to show our support to our BYU Cougs! But, I think we should think twice when the team is in town. We don't want to get hurt ;-).

1 comment:

  1. Was the food good? I have heard mixed reviews. You are absolutely right about not having on Georgia Gear....if it is game day - WATCH OUT!!! People just look at you like your from another planet. No worries, I still don't own GA paraphernalia. :)

    ReplyDelete