This is the Governor's Palace. Who needs a Governor's Mansion when you can have a Palace? This was the largest building in Williamsburg - even more so than the Capital Building!
There were people dressed up everywhere in the clothes of that time. It made it feel like you had walked back in history.
The Capital Building. This was the first capital of Virginia. Did you know this was were the Revolutionary War started in Virginia? (It also started in Massachusetts in the same week)
Andrew and I in the Armory. They had rifles and other weapons in there that were over 300 years old - pretty neat.
Andrew started to act up - so we put him in this contraption for a while. (He was actually an ANGEL all day long)
Once Andrew got out - he ordered us in for a few hours. :-)
We walked through some of the streets to pick out "our homes." This was mine - isn't it a beauty?!
Here's the back yard. I can see it now....
This was Morgan's house. I think that it will be big enough.... not sure though....
While we were there I reflected on how grateful I am for the faith of our Founding Fathers. I cannot imagine what they must have gone through to ensure the liberties and freedoms that we take for granted today. I know that our Founding Fathers were lead and inspired by our loving Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful that they knew and understood the importance of religion and were able to found our nation upon that. It's good to think about those types of things - makes you proud to be an American!
great pictures! haha the one of you guys and andrew all locked up is funny. haha yeah, i think morgan picked the biggest house...but hey at least it looks good!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a neat place! I, too, love the colonial homes. Unfortunately that style doesn't seem to have made it out here to the west coast. Spanish-style, it is!
ReplyDelete