Sunday, September 7, 2008

YUMMY RECIPE!!!

One of my favorite things on Sunday are Crockpots! I love throwing stuff in before church (since it's at 1pm) and when we get home - dinner's ready!!! This is what we made today and OH was it GOOD!!!

"Baked" Potato Soup
3 3/4 lbs. Russet Potatoes, peeled & chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/2 C. chopped onion
3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
1/4 butter
2 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 tsp. pepper
1 C. whipping cream
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese

1. Combine first 6 ingredients in crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. (Make sure you have a BIG crockpot, mine is a 5 or 6 quart, and it was plenty big).
2. Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened. Stir in cream and cheese.
3. Top with cheese and sour cream if desired.

I couldn't find the chicken broth with garlic, so I just put in regular chicken broth and I threw in some minced garlic I had in the fridge. I also added a pound of cubed ham (one of those packs you can buy that is pre-cut). Oh it was SO good. It makes a ton, but I'm happy to have a yummy soup to eat this week! Yeay!

3 comments:

  1. Someone brought us this soup when we had Trew! It was very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it Emily and thank you , thank you! It was very good! I love good crock pot recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the slow cooker!! We will have to try this! Thx.

    ReplyDelete