Friday, May 4, 2012

Strawberry Pickin'

Last week I took the kids (crazy to say kids) strawberry picking at a farm close to Athens. The weather was divine! We met my good friend. Beckie and her cute son, Henry. The boys promptly broke every 'rule' they had at the farm.... no tasting (yeah right... it's a strawberry patch) and no crossing the aisles... a few strawberry plants may have gotten trampled by excited little boys. Nora was a dream and actually slept most of the time. 

Here are some pictures of our adventures...


Us tasting the fruits of our labors (I am so funny, I crack myself up sometimes :-) )

Me stealing a kiss from my little man.


Andrew thoroughly enjoying breaking the rules. Enjoying his strawberries... stem and all.

Hmm... maybe one more.



We ended up picking a gallon for us and a gallon for my parents. What did we do with all those sweet berries you ask?

Strawberry muffins...

Strawberry Jam...

Strawberry smoothies, salads, and just straight up strawberries! YUM!!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I wish A and I could have gone with you. Enjoy the fruits of your labors, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We went strawberry picking last summer, and the boys faces were covered in red by the time we left. Oops! Pretty unavoidable, though! Really beautiful pictures! Nora is so, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete