Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nora's Blessing Day

Our little Nora Jean was blessed today in church. We were lucky enough to have a large group of our family there. It was a treat to be able to have my sweet husband, my Grandpa, my dad, my father in law, and one of my brother in laws to be able to stand in the circle and give her a name and a blessing. It was a beautiful blessing. She has a lot to look forward to in her life!!

It was so great to have Nora wear the dress and baby bracelet that I wore when I was blessed as a baby. My grandpa made the bracelet. It was a special treat for me to be able to see my daughter wear it! My mom also made a blanket for Nora. I'll be excited to be able to get some more use out of it, too!

Here's a group shot of all the family together today.

Nora and her mommy and daddy.

This picture sums up our life so well. Me with little Nora... and Morgan with crazy busy boy Andrew.

Doesn't she look so sweet!?

This was such a special treat and surprise. Nora is named after my Great-Grandma Endres. I was never able to meet her, but I have always felt a closeness to her. (I too am namesake of her, her name was Lora Lenora "Nora", my middle name is Lora.) I have only heard such wonderful things about her. She was a very loving and giving person. My mom has such wonderful memories of her and often speaks of her generosity and what a wonderful lady she was. She was a wonderful seamstress and cook who taught my grandma, who went on to teach my mom, and then me.... If my grandma is anything like her (which I know she is), I'm positive I would have loved her just as much as my mom did. 
Anyways, this framed embroidery is from a set of dish cloths she made, one for each day of the week and a chore that went along with the day, except for Sunday which is a day of rest. This is the only cloth that remains and shows her use of it from years of cooking. 
My mom framed it for little Nora so she will always have something from her namesake. She recorded on the back of the frame the history of it along with a picture of my Great-Grandma. Its such a treat and blessing to have something that was made by her loving hands. I know it will be treasured by me, and Nora. 

7 comments:

  1. What a special day. She looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool. Congrats again! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful grandaughter, a beautiful blessing, a perfect day with family - one of those 'Mom Reward Days'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this so fast! It felt like we were a part of it(sorta)! What a beautiful day all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful gift and legacy for her name. She is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is precious! And what a wonderful gift to treasure always!

    ReplyDelete