Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mom Advice Needed!

I thought this would be an easy way for me to get some "motherly advice"

Lately Andrew has been waking up earlier in the morning and VERY hungry. We eat dinner at 6... he's usually not done until about 6:30. We have bath and then he's in bed between 7:30 and 8.

Have any of you had this problem? I'm sure it's just a stage. Do you have any suggestions on things I can do to help? Any foods that are filling and easy to eat right before bed??

Thanks is advance for the input!! I'm looking forward to it!

5 comments:

  1. I don't have any good advice, but I can tell you what we did. It always seemed to be a stage with my kids (ie, before a growth spurt). We'd always just give them some milk when they woke up hungry in the morning and it was too early for breakfast.

    I have no idea if this is what we should have done or not. . .but it worked pretty well! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love the moby wrap; can't live without it. Email me if you have questions. elisebjohnson at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a growth spurt and unfortunately you might just have to wait it out. My girls have always been ready to eat right when they wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I agree with Molly. He's probably growing and is hungry in the morning. When Rhys wakes up, he always gets a sippy cup with milk and gets in bed with us. Sometimes he falls back to sleep, and sometimes not. I don't know if that's the right thing to do either, but it often gives me some extra sleep, so...I do it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine go through this once a year or so until they're four. I can't remember what Caleb always wanted in the middle of the night (at our house they're always awake at 3 or 4 am), but Camille wanted a banana and peanut butter and Chloe wants butter and jelly sandwiches. As annoying as it is to get up, I always just sucked it up and got them what they wanted. When I was extra smart I had it ready so I didn't have to trek all the way to the kitchen to get it during the night.

    Fortunately the phases didn't last too long, though they seemed to in the moment.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete