Thursday, January 28, 2010

The way to a mans heart....

Is through his stomach, right?

Growing up there was a meal that Morgan's mom made that was dubbed "Morgan's Meal." It consisted of Roasted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Peas, and Hot bread. (New Englanders sure love their bread)

The whole time we've been married, I've NEVER made this. I'm not sure why. I think I was afraid of roasting a chicken. (or better yet, getting all those nasty gibbets out of the bird)

Well, I finally did it. And boy was my husband happy when he got home from a long day at school to smell 'his' meal. It was so simple that I can't believe I didn't make this years ago. Here's to many more "Morgan Meals"

Funny Note. I roasted the chicken upside down on accident. When Morgan started carving it, he was put back on what a bad job he was doing - there was hardly any meat for him to carve from it! We quickly found out it was upside down - and was able to have lots of moist meat :-) Lesson learned, when roasting a chicken, make sure the breast is on the top! :-)

6 comments:

  1. We've roasted a chicken once (yours is very handsome!). I know you can get them at costco, but dang, those things make your house smell so stinkin good when you do it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy - you'll have to share your secret on how you roasted it - I always buy them, but I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That roasted chiken meal- Morgan's Meal - will be a weapon/enticement for you to get your husband in an agreeble mood to say "yes" to anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome...now how do you roast a chicken? lol

    ReplyDelete