Before the race there were a lot of free events for the kids. Andrew's still a little young, but I'm sure he'll have a blast in the upcoming years. This balloon artist was great!! I was pretty impressed, and by the looks on Rachel, Kayla, and Gavin's faces - I think they were pretty intrigued.
Andrew and I after the race. We only did the 2K this year - because my niece Mikayla was a participant! Yep! She ran/walked the whole way!! We finished in about 18 minutes- not to shabby for a 4 year old! I think I've twisted Morgan's arm (and Rachel to her hubby, Jeremy) to join us next year.
Poor Gavin was a grump the whole day. We just couldn't figure out what his deal was. It was only after he wolfed down two bananas did we figure out that he was one hungry grumpy little boy. Sorry Gav!
I had to throw this photo in too - I have to brag about the beanie I made him - what a cute little teddy bear!
This event had me thinking about how grateful I am to have a happy and healthy child. Along with the race, a local radio station was doing a phone-a-thon benefiting the same hospital. They shared many tear jerking stories about children who have gone through these hospitals for a myriad of issues. I need to be more thankful for the health that we have. I couldn't imagine having Andrew go through the trials that so many children go through with their health. I hope and pray that his health (and happiness) continues!
And another shout out to my sis, Rachel. I couldn't imagine the blessing of going to work to help save children's health! What a job! I think being a Miracle Maker (aka nurse) would be a great thing to be when I grow up :-)
You always have great perspective, Emily. I bet your niece will treasure the experience that she had with you. And I LOVE that beanie hat! Do you have a pattern, or did you figure out how to do it yourself? You're incredibly crafty.
ReplyDeleteLove the hat!
ReplyDeleteI miss you! Andrew looks adorable in his hat, and you are one hot mama!
ReplyDeleteI love race day!! You and Rachel are brave to bring the kids, I think it's a great idea to make it an entire family event. What are your plans when you're in Utah? We'll have to get together.
ReplyDeleteI also love the beanie, do you have a pattern?
test
ReplyDelete